by Ryan Turner (Director)
Increase power and reduce injury with our golf stretching program
How often do you feel tight during and after your round of golf? Do you also turn up just before your tee off time, hit a few golf balls, do a few practice swings and away you go? This is a very familiar scenario for many golfers.
If you are like most golfers, you have a general understanding on the importance of flexibility for a golf swing but not sure what to do about it.
To improve your golf swing and avoid the muscle tightness and discomfort, you should be engaging in a stretching routine before your golf game and also a couple of times a week.
Here are some benefits of a stretching routine:
- It opens your hips to allow for a better turn
- Your back will be looser
- It will help strengthen your core
- Relaxed hamstrings will produce more strength in your swing
- Increase your ability to increase your range of motion in your joints. This leads to a more flexible swing, stronger shots, and less discomfort
- Stretching will also reduce shoulder, elbow and wrist tension. This tension leads to many golf injuries like golfers’ elbow and rotator cuff injuries.